Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1: Daily Recap--This is How I Fail

After the way things have been going the last few days, I really needed to recommit to clean eating today and have one hell of an intense workout.

...I didn't.

Breakfast: Croissant and two fried eggs.


Lunch: Tempeh chili with steamed broccoli (with a touch of butter), toasted Breadsmith multigrain bread, and a wedge of cow cheese.


Snack: This *snack* probably had...what...600+ calories? First, the cow cheese toast. Then, the yogurt. And then, I just couldn't stop myself.

Exercise: I decided to try my 5x5x5 workout from the other day. And it was hell today. My body felt so tired and sluggish and just...wiped. It felt like that before the workout, yes, but I just...didn't have it in me to finish. I finished three rounds of the following before throwing in the towel:
  • 5 min. spin
  • 10 squats with alternating side kicks
  • 10 shoulder raises (8 lb dumbbells)
  • 10 stiff-legged deadlift/back row combos (25 lb plate)
  • 10 narrow chest presses (25 lb plate)
  • 10 overhead pulls (25 lb plate)
After a quick shower, I had to lay down for a bit to recover. I'm feeling so exhausted, I wonder if there's something else going on. A cold coming? Menstrual issues? I don't know, but I need to power through it. This is exactly what happens when my initial motivation wears off and I just get tired and, eventually, I stop doing what I need to do to meet my goals.

Dinner: Hilary's veggie burger (these things are fantastic) topped with ketchup and mustard, mashed sweet potato and steamed broccoli with a touch of butter (I had already had some broccoli stalks before remembering to take the photo, so there were more here).


Dinner, Part II: I finished the pan of Annie's shells and cheese that Mr. Kazoo and the Niblet shared for dinner. After I finished this portion, I ate more. Then I finished my son's veggie pattie (not pictured).

Dessert: As if I hadn't eaten enough, right? I took four of these fantastic Hail Merry Macaroons that I've had in the fridge for a while, and dipped them in some melted Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips. The macaroons are 70 (good) calories each, but I sure as hell did not need four of them.


If I don't break out of this rut, I will never reach my goals. I know this. I feel like I'm fighting my body, my life, and everyone in my life right now, and I'm just tired of it. I was too tired to even keep my eyes open today, let alone power through a workout, or, let's be honest, not stuff myself with food.

I tried to close my eyes and focus on all of the sayings from my Pinterest motivation board, like "You can throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off your face" or the ones about dedication, perseverance, blah blah blah. None of it worked. But tomorrow is a new day. I'm home with the kiddos, and I can start small. Take them for a walk. Make a healthy dinner. Pick up some healthy noms from the grocery store.

I refuse to let these bad days stop me from progressing. So...one day at a time. No *off* days or meals. No cheats. No desserts. No alcohol. No excuses. No missed workouts. No weighing myself to validate the Negative Nelly in my head who is telling me that I've probably only gained weight in the past two weeks. No unhealthy snacks. No negativity. No giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment