Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11: Daily Recap

I woke up ready for another healthy day, then realized that I'd forgotten to prepare my overnight oats last night, and I had no healthy options available that I wanted, and I got PISSED. I was absolutely enraged by dieting, healthy food, all. Of. It.

Breakfast: Two large eggs, broccoli (fucker), carrot, shallot, and red bell pepper cooked in olive oil. I topped this with asiago cheese so that I didn't hate life so very much.


I hated every stupid bite.

Exercise: [Speed Day] I hopped on my roadie and warmed up for the first five minutes of my ride (headed south/west on Hilliard). Then I completed ten speed intervals of one high-intensity, high-speed minute followed by two minutes of recovery. When I finished the final interval, I turned around and headed home. The wind worked against me on the way back, so the final 40-ish minutes of the ride were tougher than intended.

Lunch: Salad greens topped with cucumber, red bell pepper, carrot, radish, broccoli (fuckyou), savory sprouted tofu, Havarti with dill (the goat cheese isn't working for me in my salads), walnuts, and a Hilary's Hemp & Greens Burger. Since I'd already had two eggs for breakfast, I decided to use another "protein" on my usual salad. I'm really loving these burgers, but they are pricey, and I really ought to start making my own veg burgers.


It was tough not to snack this AM, but since it was my little Sweet Pea's first birthday, and I knew that I'd be eating an unhealthy dinner, I managed to hold out.

Dinner: We headed to Cozumel in Lakewood, our favorite Mexican restaurant, and started with the usual chips and salsa. I moved on to their Vegetarian #1, a cheese enchilada, bean burrito, and bean tostada, with a side of sour cream (not pictured). I ate everything but about half of the beans in the burrito and didn't touch the tostata (except for the lettuce on top).


After a relatively stressful mean and bedtime, I caved and ate a chocolate birthday cupcake with a teensy taste of the Ben & Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream. So delicious.


I'm trying not to freak about this day. One high-calorie, high-fat meal with dessert is not the end of the world, but Tuesdays through Thursdays are usually my awesome-perfect days, and with ice cream on Wed. and this meal today, I'm a bit worried about getting through the weekend. Weekends are tough, anyway, but I feel a bit of pressure not to indulge given my weeknight treats this week. One decision at a time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment