Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16: Daily Recap

Breakfast: Fage fat-free Greek yogurt drizzled with honey and topped with cherries, strawberries, banana, and granola.


Lunch: Salad greens with cucumber, carrot, radish, spicey smoked tofu (not great), havarti with dill, hard-cooked egg, dried cranberries, and walnuts dressed in Dijon mustard and honey.


Exercise: 30 minute circuit. I alternated 3 minute intervals of spinning with 3 minute intervals of strength exercises focusing on the shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest, abs, glutes, and hamstrings. I tried to keep this one a little less intense because it was HOT, and my day was kicking my ass enough as it was.

Dinner: [Not pictured.] My usual order from Cozumel. Cheese quesadilla, bean burrito, and bean tostada with sour cream. Don't forget the chips and salsa.

Dessert: Mitchell's pistachio ice cream. Sooooooo sweet. Too sweet, even.

 

I've clearly got the exercise portion of my program down. I'm, of course, struggling with THE MOST IMPORTANT element that will help me reach my goals, diet. It's what I always struggle with. In ten days, I take my first round of progress photos in over a month, and I step on the scale. I don't want to be discouraged, so for the next ten days, I really need to focus on food.

The forecast through Friday looks BRUTAL, and I may not get much exercise because I really, really struggle in weather like this. Food is key.

So...for the next ten days, I will eat clean, clean, clean, clean. The only exception I will allow myself will occur at a wedding I'm attending on Saturday night. I will allow myself a few cocktails and, of course, a piece of wedding cake. But other than that, it's got to be perfect. And if I succeed, I'll buy myself a reward. Maybe a sandbag, maybe an equalizer, maybe a pair of cute shoes--just so long as the thought of it keeps me on track.

Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment