Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5: Daily Recap

Today was a rough day, sick baby-wise, and I had to fight the urge to stress/emotionally eat all day. I failed in some ways, and I succeeded in others.

Breakfast: Coconut quinoa with strawberries, cherries, a teaspoon of maple syrup, and unsweetened, shredded coconut. Success.


Snack: I was hungry and settled on a hard-boiled egg and a macaroon. Success,


More Snacks: I snacked on about 10 Ritz crackers and a handful of Skittles. Fail.

Lunch:  In order to keep myself from snacking this morning, I promised myself a yummy if not totally clean lunch to keep me from eating all of the Potty Prizes. I had a delicious tempeh bacon sandwich with mayonnaise, Amish butter cheese, and lettuce on toasted Breadsmith multigrain bread. More TJ's pea snacks on the side. Semi-success.


More Snacks: More Skittles. Couldn't stop myself. Fail.

Dinner: Gardein Chick'n Scallopini with melted part-skim mozzrella cheese over brown rice pasta with homemade pasta sauce. Broccoli with slightly more than a touch of butter. Semi-success.


This could have been better, sure, but it could have been a whole hell of a lot worse. It was delicious and comforting and, believe it or not, kept me from eating crap for the rest of the night.

No exercise today. I was too busy losing my mind with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment