Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 6: Daily Recap

Pre-Ride Fuel: Cottage cheese with strawberries.

Exercise: I rode the same 23.25 mile loop that I rode June 20. My time on 6/20 was 1:52:57.1. My time today? 1:44:52.8!!!! That's over eight minutes faster! HELLZ YEAH!!! The ride felt great, too. I felt strong, and my new Keen commuter sandals made for a much more comfortable ride. Loved it today!

Breakfast: Smoothie in a bowl made with a cup of soy milk, a banana, a half a cup of quick oats, and a half of a tablespoon of chia seed topped with granola and PB2. After my ride I blended the milk and banana together and stirred in the oats and chia seed before putting the blender carafe in the fridge. I let the mixture soak while I showered and dressed and then, afterwards, I blended it together and added the toppings. It wasn't as delicious as an overnight oat smoothie, but it was a great substitute!


Lunch: Salad of mixed greens, carrot, savory tofu, hard-cooked egg, Amish butter cheese, pomegranate seeds, and walnuts tossed in honey and Dijon mustard.


Snack: Hard-cooked egg and pineapple macadamia macaroon.

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta spirals topped with tempeh chili, shredded cheddar cheese, and, you guessed it, steamed broccoli with a touch of butter. Glass of wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment