Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8: Daily Recap

Exercise: My usual walking route, before the sun was up. Walks and bike rides (except for my Hogsback-only rides) always get my head right. My time was 48:30.

Breakfast: Two fried eggs with a croissant. A co-worker had a birthday this week, so we also had monkey bread cupcakes. And no, I could not pass it up, though I ought to have.

And this is where my day fell apart. I had only about 45-60 minutes after my breakfast meeting to wait around before heading for another meeting about 60 minutes away. I headed to Edgewater Yacht Club to change into my work clothes (flip flops aren't really appropriate work attire, which is a constant disappointment to me) and do some work before heading downtown to pick up my boss and head to Norwalk for our meeting.

The meeting was at 1:30 and, by the time we left, 3:00, and dropped off another colleague, 3:30, I was ravenous. I'd planned to just stop at a Wendy's for some fries, which is my usual course of action in these situations, but I paused, saw a nearby Get Go gas station, and opted to step inside to pick up some almonds and a banana. I ate a lot of the almonds, too many, but at least the nutritional profile of this *meal* puts me way ahead of where I'd have been had I ordered french fries and soda.

Lunch/Snack: Almonds and banana.

Then...it happened. I started to feel...not well. And I knew that a massive cold was coming. My throat was aching and I felt hot and tired. I thought back to Sweet Pea's *teething* over the last several days and realized, no, girlfriend was not teething. Girlfriend was sick.

I picked up the kids and headed home before confessing to Mr. Kazoo that I needed to get my sick ass in bed. The poor man had a long and exhausting day, but he was able to step up and take care of dinner and babies without me while I Airborne-d, Xycam-ed, and Ibuprofen-ed myself up, drank a bunch of water, and climbed in bed.

I woke up in time to help with bed time, but lolled on the couch like a slug for the rest of the night. I wanted orange sherbert for dinner, but after yesterday's eating and today's over-almonded late lunch, I had...

Dinner: Smoothie of soy milk, banana, oats, and chia seed topped with stale Honey Nut Cheerios and PB2 peanut butter.

No photos again, today. I'll get back in the habit tomorrow.

I'm 18 days away from stepping on the scale, and I'm getting very curious. My fear is that the number is the same or higher, but I am feeling changes. I feel muscles popping up in places where I felt no muscles before. Clothes are getting looser. My waist is feeling smaller. I even see obliques on either side of my belly, which is just NUTS! But I so want to know what that number on the scale is, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment