Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9: Daily Recap

Amazingly, I did not feel like total ass today, despite whatever the hell that it was that happened to me yesterday. I was expecting a horrible day of cold/flu, and instead I just felt somewhere from "meh" to "ok" and gradually improved to "ok" throughout the day. I still took it easy, though, and chose not to exercise. I just took the kids to the pool (which belies my not exercising a tad) and tried to eat clean and lay low, to help my body heal.

Breakfast: Smoothie with light coconut milk, soy milk, 1/4 banana, waaaaaaayyy too muck kale, blueberries, and a scoop of Vega protein powder. This thing was disgusting and way too kale-y. It needed more banana, but I was out and only found a tiny little leftover nib in the fridge. I topped the smoothie with Honey Nut Cheerios and puffed rice, and tried to choke down as much as I could. NASTY.

Snack: Salted, dry roasted almonds (no photo--imagine some almonds).

Lunch:Salad with romaine, spinach, cucumber, carrot, radish, hard-cooked egg, savory sprouted tofu, herbed goat cheese, and walnuts dressed in Dijon mustard and honey.

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta spirals topped with tempeh chili and shredded cheddar cheese, steamed broccoli topped with a touch of butter. I'm getting sick to death of broccoli. It's taken a while, but this bowl made me pretty gaggy.



My diet is dull and boring and, well, I kind of hate it a little bit. Of course, if this works, then it is the best fucking thing on this futher-mucking planet but...well...I'm not weighing myself, and I'm not photographing myself, and I don't want to obsess in front of the mirror looking for day-to-day changes, so I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA IF THIS BORING ASS DIET IS WORKING FOR MY BODY.

*sigh*

...but I'll do it anyway.

FUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment