Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15: Daily Recap

Today was supposed to be a return to clean eating, but I failed rather spectacularly. It all started, of course, with breakfast.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, croissant, cruller.

I work at a very small office with people who constantly bust one another's balls. I often try not to draw attention to myself by, for instance, broadcasting that I'm trying to lose weight. So I'll eat whatever is ordered at the cafe, just as I normally would. I think I may have to change strategies.

Exercise: This was a patch job for me. I started with a five minute warm-up on the spin bike, and did the following circuit three times. Reps and weights varied.
  • Air Squats (20/10/8)
  • Stiff-legged Deadlifts--50 lbs (20/10/8)
  • Bent-over Rows (each side) (25 lb first set, 20 lb second and third set) (20/10/8)
  • Push-ups (on my knees...still) 20/10/8
  • Sit-ups (20/10/8)
Time for circuit: 14:28.2. I'd originally planned on doing three sets of 20 reps of all exercises, but that was a little too ambitious. I'll have to work up to it.

I followed the circuit with a hard five minutes on the spin bike, before completing six 20-second planks with 20-second rests between each plank. I'm wondering if my inability to do push ups on my toes, and my difficulty with the jump-out portion of burpees, is due to a weak core. So I'll add some planks to the end of my circuits for a while to see if that helps things. I look forward to hiring a trainer in November, let me tell you.

Lunch: Smoothie in a bowl made with soy milk, banana, oats, Vega protein powder, and chia seed, topped with granola and PB2.

I had dinner plans last night and had planned on ordering a salad, but that didn't happen. While getting ready for dinner, I had a small sliver of chocolate cake and two Ritz crackers topped with Havarti w/ dill. Then...

Dinner: At Tommy's on Coventry in Cleveland Heights--I started with the french onion soup (with the cheese, of course), moved on to a falafel pocket (of which I ate half), and had a few of the Niblet's french fries.

Dessert: Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. And then a bit more, for good measure.

*sigh*

No. I am not giving up.

[I only ended up taking photos of my lunch, and I just don't feel like posting even that.]

No comments:

Post a Comment