Friday, July 12, 2013

July 12: Daily Recap

Breakfast: Due to limited options again today, I opted for a *treat* breakfast of two Kashi blueberry waffles with butter and syrup with a mug of soy milk.


This was a mistake. Mostly because the hunger that began my day from such a small, high sugar, low nutrient breakfast just would not be abated for the rest of the day. Not to mention, the Michael Meyers of colds, the kind that just won't die, made me feel pretty awful by late afternoon, and my choices were poorer and poorer.

Lunch: At least I managed a decent lunch, right? Salad greens with cucumber, red bell pepper, radish, carrot, savory sprouted tofu, hard-cooked egg, havarti with dill, sliced raw almonds, and dried cranberries, dressed in spicy brown mustard and honey.


That lunch didn't do it for me, however, so I ate the crusts from the Niblet's peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat sandwich. And then I hate a few handfuls of potato chips from last weekend's picnic.

And then, later, I ate a sleeve of Ritz crackers. Some were topped with Havarti w/ dill, some with strawberry jam.

And I skipped dinner.

Well, I sort of skipped dinner, because after the kids were in bed, I grabbed another pint of Ben & Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream and had a bowl while watching Tru Blood.

Oh, and no exercise. We'll call today a rest day.

It was just a day. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment