Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30: Daily Recap

And this is, of course, the day that the wheels feel off of the wagon. After dinner with my family last night, I stopped at a graduation party and was awake way later than expected since I needed to drive a friend to the hospital for stitches, and emergency rooms are paaaaaiiiiinnnnfulllly show. And I drank coffee while waiting in the ER, because the coffee machine, unlike the soda and water machine, took credit cards and I was, of course, without cash. So I was UP. Late.

Waking up at 6:30 with the kids was PAINFUL. I was exhausted and I knew I was in for a rough day when Mr. Kazoo told me he needed to be back at his parents' house for the day to continue to pack and move.

So...

Breakfast: No photo, but I made a bowl of oatmeal made with 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1/3 cup soy milk, 1/3 cup water, and a half of a banana. I topped the oatmeal with a teeny bit of peanut butter and strawberry jam along with a couple of raisins, dry roasted peanuts, and a sprinkling of granola. It sounds decadent, but having made this breakfast dozens of times in the past, I know that it clocks in somewhere around 350 calories.

And then, I'm not really sure what happened. I was hungry before lunch and decided to have a mini-meal of a very small bowl of chili, and toasted multigrain bread with cow cheese, but I didn't stop there. There were Ritz crackers and cow cheese, goldfish, and more 7-UP pound cake that went down the hatch before I briefly managed to get the kids down for the shortest nap ever.

Oh, and I didn't even bother TRYING to work out. Just keeping my eyes open was exhausting enough, thankyouverymuch.

Dinner: By now, I'd completely given up on my entire day, and I suggested that we head to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Cozumel, for my usual bean burrito, cheese enchilada, bean tostada and, of course, sour cream, chips, and salsa.

Did I stop there? Of course not!! After the kiddos went to bed, I finished the Bordeaux sundae from the other night with some more pound cake on the side, and then I called it a night.

I know that, after this weekend, tomorrow will be a struggle, but no, if you're wondering, I'm not fucking giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment