Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17: Daily Recap

I woke up miserable thanks to the suffocating heat and a throbbing headache. I just need to survive until the weather breaks on Saturday. I'd planned a speed ride today, and a hill ride tomorrow, but exercise and training just may not happen until Saturday morning's 45-mile distance ride (and coincidental break in the heat). 

Breakfast: Fat-free Greek yogurt drizzled with honey and topped with cherries, strawberries, banana, and granola.


Today was a work day for me and, in an effort to beat the heat, I headed to the closest SBux for some A/C and some icy, headache-reducing relief.

Snack: Starbucks iced venti nonfat latte with cinnamon and two packets of Sugar in the Raw.


Lunch: Mixed salad greens with carrot, radish, cucumber, Azuki bean burger, Havarti w/ dill, crispy rice noodles, and sliced almonds dressed in the Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad dressing (recipe here). I used to love this salad, back in my meat-eating days, and was really hankering for the taste of this dressing. Is it the healthiest salad dressing I could have chosen? No. Did I enjoy my salad greens, rather than fighting the urge to gag and choke this salad down? Hell to the yes.


Snack: Granola with raisins and soy milk. Ritz crackers and Havarti w/ dill (not pictured).

Dinner: The tortilla salad from EYC topped with a black bean burger and dressed with chipotle ranch dressing. The salad had scallions, black bean and tomato salsa, cheese, and tortilla strips. Again, not super healthy, but hey...green.

Dessert: (sigh) Vanilla ice cream.

Two things:

Between breakfast and latte, I stepped on the scale for the first time in 21 days. Yes, I was supposed to wait another nine. No, I was not thrilled with the result. I put the scale away, and will not touch it again until the 26th.

Second, I NEED. TO. FIX. MY. DIET. Sweets and cheese seem to be my problem. I'm tempted to go vegan for thirty days, just to fix that shit, but I think it would be simpler to count calories again. I need some new batteries for my food scale, though, but I'll bust out the measuring cups and spoons and start counting tomorrow, scale or not. We'll see how that helps me through the next nine days. I want my next date with the scale to be a bit more promising.


No comments:

Post a Comment