Friday, June 28, 2013

June 28: Daily Recap

Breakfast: An overnight oat smoothie (from Kath Eats Real Food, recipe here) topped with granola, unsweetened coconut, and PB2 peanut butter.


Exercise: I'd planned to have an active rest day today, so I walked my usual route with the kids in the Bob. The walk took just over 51 minutes.

I suspect I ate something before lunch, but I can't remember what it was. It may have been a slice of toasted Breadsmith multigrain with a wedge of cow cheese, but I'm not 100% sure. I know that I kept lunch on the small side because of it, whatever it was.

Lunch: Azuki bean burger with ketchup and mustard with a side of roasted cauliflower topped with asiago cheese.


Exercise, Part II: When I managed to get both kiddos down for a nap at the same time, I seized the opportunity to do a quick circuit. I did five rounds with reps of 15, 14, 13, 12, and 11. I finished the circuit in just over 19 minutes. The exercises were:
  • Chest fly on ball  (8 lb dumbbells) 
  • Skull crusher on ball (8 lb dumbbells)
  • Bicep curl/shoulder press combo (8 lb dumbbells)
  • Standing side bends (w/ 25 lb. plate)
  • Plank jacks
 
Dinner: Basil pesto with buffalo mozzarella and roasted vegetables from Deagan's. Holy hell was this fantastic. I also had a glass of chardonnay, not pictured. I could eat this for dinner Every. Single. Day.


Dessert: This picture is too hilariously blurry not to share. This is about a third of a Bordeaux sundae from Malley's. These sundaes are not too be trifled with.


No comments:

Post a Comment