Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24: Daily Recap

Breakfast: My usual Monday morning breakfast, two fried eggs and a croissant from Cleveland's finest cafe.


Exercise: Monday may become my official climb day. This week I headed back to Hogsback, but this time decided to make 5 climbs on foot rather than by bike. I made five trips up (and four down) in 52.39.9. The workout was not easy, but not brutal. It was rather long and boring and I don't imagine ever getting overly enthusiastic about it, yet I'm still compelled to find out whether or not I can cut five minutes off of my time. Next week's Climb Day? Ten trips up the steps at Huntington Beach, for time. That one should be a doozy!

I'm going to continue to train for my century as if I'm actually going to go through with it. I'm still not 100% committed. I will try to fit in five hard workouts per week, leaving two days for active rest (walk, leisurely bike ride, swim, something like that). My five hard workouts will look something like this).
  • 1: Climb Day (bike, stairs, or hills)
  • 2: Circuit Day
  • 3: Speed Training (HIIT on roadie or spin bike)
  • 4: Circuit Day
  • 5: Distance Day (on bike)

These days, I much prefer the circuit days, but those workouts are *generally* indoor (I suppose I could do them outdoors, but it would require some pre-planning on my part. With a job and two kiddos, sometimes I need to just get in and get out). I heart my CLE, but beautiful summer-like weather is hard fought for around these parts, and I need to get my fill of hots and sunshine while I can, otherwise I may hate myself come February. So, I'll save my desired 3-4 circuit weeks until then.

After my walk, I cleaned up, suffered the ill effects of my processed eats yesterday on the toilet (TMI? Never!) and sat down for some...

Lunch: This was the salad that I packed and never ate yesterday. Mixed greens topped with carrot, green bell pepper, cucumber, smoked tofu, local Amish butter cheese, a hard-cooked egg, and a few walnuts dressed with honey and Dijon mustard.


Dinner: Leftover cavatelli with marinara from Caffe Roma, steamed broccoli with a touch of butter. I may need to make it my mission to recreate this sauce. I could practically bathe in the stuff, I love it so much.

After the kiddos were in bed I had some work to do, and pulled out what I *thought* had been a bottle of sparkling water that I'd purchased at Earth Fare. Then I realized it was spring water. I was not pleased. Sparkling water with frozen grapes sounded fantastic. Spring water with frozen grapes just sounded...weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment