Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19: Daily Recap

Breakfast: Coconut breakfast quinoa (surprise, surprise!) with strawberries, cherries, and shredded coconut.

Post-workout: Scoop of chocolate Vega protein powder with a bunch o' supplements. I try and down a protein shake after work-outs that are heavy on the strength training. I want to add muscle mass so, as much as I sometimes don't want the extra calories, I know my future muscles will show up and thank me!


Lunch: Ah...salad. Mixed greens, bell peppers, carrot, cucumber, walnuts, mozzarella cheese, savory tofu. Topped with agave-dijon dressing.



Dinner: Roped into having dinner at Edgewater Yacht Club, where clean, vegetarian options are laughably absent from the menu. I went with their beans and rice dish, ate half of it, and then ate the plate of plain steamed broccoli and carrots (no more rice) displayed behind the beans. It was terribly boring and not what I'd have liked to have, but sometimes, the Yacht Club happens.



Snack: 2% cottage cheese and pineapple this time. I'm creative with my food choices, aren't I?

 

Exercise: I did a 5x5 workout, which is five minutes of cardio followed by a circuit of five exercises, which I will then repeat five times. It clocks in at a sweaty 45 minutes of strength and cardio intervals, and I loved every second of it! Here was the entire circuit:
  • 5 min. spin
  • 10 squats with alternating side kicks
  • 10 shoulder raises (L-raises) (2 8-lb dumbbells)
  • 10 stiff-legged deadlift/row combo with 25-lb plate
  • 10 narrow chest presses with 25-lb plate
  • 10 overhead lat pulls with 25-lb plate
To reiterate, I'll do the entire list of exercises in that order and then repeat the whole circuit five times. I was a hot, sweaty mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment