Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17: Daily Recap

Breakfast: Mondays are the days when I eat at the most delicious little cafe in Cleveland. I hesitate to even share the name of it, lest it be perpetually crowded and sold out of their fantastic croissants and crullers, of which I will never, never be able to eat enough. That said, when you want to taste the deliciousness that are these pastries, check out Bonbon Pastry & Cafe in Ohio City.

This morning I had my usual two eggs with a perfect, flaky, buttery croissant. As a special treat, I had a fresh, hot cruller that I am still fantasizing about. The pictures will never, ever do them justice.


Lunch: I needed to lighten things up after that carb-laden breakfast and one hell of a post-breakfast workout, so I opted for a smoothie. Almond milk, a small banana, a few handfuls of spinach, frozen blackberries, and a scoop of Vega protein powder. Dee-licious!


Dinner: I needed some more green, so I had mixed greens topped with cucumber, green pepper, carrot, savory tofu, smoked Swiss cheese, and a hard-boiled egg topped with honey and Dijon mustard. 

Snack: I was a bit peckish before bed, and settled for a bowl of 2% cottage cheese topped with a fresh, chopped peach. 

Exercise: Today I decided to try and see how many times I could ride my road bike up Hogsback Hill in thirty minutes. Hogsback Hill is one angry bitch of a hill that winds down into the Rocky River valley, and I usually seek it out on days that I just love my life a little too much and I need to ratchet up the heartbreak and misery a little bit.

I managed to make it up the hill about 4.5 times before my timer went off. I climbed the rest of the way without stopping and have decided to make this Hogsback work-out a regular for me. I'd like to try to shave a few minutes off of that time, and get it significantly under thirty minutes for five climbs. It's a tough workout, but I know it'll help me get in fantastic shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment