Saturday, August 4, 2012

It Is Easy to Get Discouraged...

...when a work lunch of cheesy baked pasta with garlic bread and cheesy salad turns into an after lunch snack of leftover pasta, garlic bread, and mac and cheese pizza...

...which turns into a dinner of leftover cheesy baked pasta...

...which turns into three chocolate, chocolate chip cookies for dessert...

...which leads to pound cake and cookies and white pizza during a visit with family the next day...

...which leads to cheesy, fatty Mexican food for dinner...

...and a bowl of ice cream for dessert...

...and a higher number on the scale the next morning.

It's easy to get discouraged...

...especially when I have so far to go...

...and my self-image is in the toilet...

...especially when I find out that Mr. Kazoo spend Happy Hour at the Titled Kilt...

...and I realize that at 34 years old and with two kids...

...and with a body that LOOKS 34 years old and has my kids written all over it...

...that I'll never be (at least physically) exactly what I want to be.

It's easy to get discouraged.

I have to remind myself of this:

I'm a mother now.

A mother of a little girl.

I can't define myself by how I look...or how I don't...

...and I have to teach her that she is so much more than that.

I can be healthy and, even if I don't look like the motivational fitness posters on Pinterest or Tumblr, I can still look and feel great.

...and I can't give up.

I need to take each day, each hour, each choice...at a time.

Just one choice at a time.

If I keep making more healthful choices than poor choices...

...and if I never, not EVER give up...

...I can get where I want to be.

It might not happen as quickly as I'd like it to be.

It might be difficult.

It might be ugly...

...but I can't...

...I WON'T...

...quit.

Not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment