Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 3: 202.0 Pounds

Starting Weight/BMI: 217.5/33.1 (obese)
Last Week Weight/BMI: 204.0/31.0 (obese)
Change This Week: -2.0
Current Weight/BMI:  202.0/30.7 (obese)
Total Lost:  15.5
Pounds to Goal: 62.0

I lost two pounds this week. I'm content with that, especially considering that, though my good days were very, very good, my bad days were f*cking awful. Here is my calorie breakdown for the week:

Monday 7/30: 2280
Tuesday 7/31: 1700
Wednesday 8/1: 1772
Thursday 8/2: 3863 (!)
Friday 8/3: 3424 (!!)
Saturday: 1792
Sunday: 1540

This brings my average daily caloric consumption for the week to 2339. The fact that I'm able to eat this much, not exercise, and still lose two pounds per week is very promising. For one thing, I have tons of room for error. For another, I have a lot of room to cut calories and burn calories through exercise once my weight loss begins to stall.

Eating out was definitely a problem, and was the cause of my excessive calorie consumption on Monday, Thursday, and Friday.

This week I'll try and keep my calories down. I'll continue to track and ensure that I'm getting plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables each day. I'll continue to drink plenty of water, and I'll continue to prevent myself from getting overwhelmed or disheartened by taking one day, one hour, one choice at a time.

My body is still not ready for exercise. I spent a lot of time with my family yesterday walking at the zoo and at the county fair and I'm paying the price today in the form of some very sore joints and muscles. For now, I'm content to focus on food until the weight loss slows and until my body is feeling ready for exercise.

One day, one choice, at a time. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment