Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 5: 196.5 Pounds

Starting Weight/BMI: 217.5/33.1 (obese)
Last Week Weight/BMI: 203.0/30.9 (obese)
Current Weight/BMI: 196.5/29.9 (overweight)
Change This Week: - 6.5
Total Lost:  21.0
Pounds to Goal: 56.5

Damn.

Daaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnnnn!

I rocked the socks off of last week. I'm thrilled! I'm no longer obese! I've lost over twenty pounds! I'm back in the 100s, where I will stay for the rest of my life.

Here's my daily caloric breakdown for the week.

Monday: 2032 (consumed) - 121 (burned) = 1911
Tuesday: 1785 (consumed) - 153 (burned) = 1632
Wednesday: 1438 (consumed) - 175 (burned) = 1263
Thursday: 2031
Friday: 1759
Saturday: 2031
Sunday: 1335

Average net caloric consumption for the week? 1709

Word.

Gaining a pound last week definitely made me more focused and determined this week. I'm not trying to do anything extreme, and I'm definitely not trying to lose more than two pounds per week. I'm just trying to ensure that my calories stay at or below 1800 each day. This is reasonable, this is doable long term, and this is a good starting point.

I hadn't really planned on returning to exercise this week. On Monday I just decided to try to walk a mile to see what sort of shape I was in. Turns out I am in rather terrible shape. It took me over twenty minutes to walk one mile while pushing Sweet Pea in her stroller. Last summer it took me less than fifteen minutes to walk a mile with a much heavier Niblet riding in the stroller.

I have a lot of work to do.

I still have almost two months to go before I begin the Couch to 5k program to train for the 5k I will be running on December 9. I've decided that, in the meantime, I'll start lifting some light weights at home. I have a stability ball app on my iPhone that has three beginning workouts, three intermediate workouts, and three advanced workouts. Tonight I'll take my measurements and, this week, I'll try to complete the three beginning workouts. I'm very interested to see just how strong I am (or am not) after such a long hiatus from exercise.

I'll also get some photos up, too, when I am able to spare the time to take them.

Other than that I'll keep measuring and weighing my food, counting calories and keeping my net consumption to 1800/day for the week. I'll continue to take one day, one choice, at a time. I'll continue to think positively.

Most importantly, I'll not expect the same results one week from today. Losing 6.5 pounds in one week is not replicable. It's not realistic. It's not particularly desirable, either. There's a part of me that can't help but think--if I do this again, I'll be in the 180s in 8 days!! I need to focus on patience. I need to do this slowly and steadily.

I need to do this permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment