Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 2: 204.0 Pounds

Clearly, my weight has settled down and I will need to earn each pound lost from here forward. I was definitely my own worst enemy this week, where food is concerned. I ate a LOT.

Now, I don't want to cut calories too drastically. I am nursing, after all. I intend to eat when I am hungry. The problem, however, is not that I'm eating when hungry...it's what I am eating when hungry that will be a problem if I don't knock it off. Here are my calorie breakdowns for the week:

Monday 7/23: 1849
Tuesday 7/24: 2633 (!)
Wednesday 7/25: 1897
Thursday 7/26: 2110
Friday 7/27: 2132
Saturday 7/28: 3122(!!)
Sunday 7/29: 1853

I ate dessert every single day (except for Sunday). On Saturday, I had three desserts (a giant vegan cookie, a chocolate bar, and creme brulee). I ate out often and made some rather unhealthy choices (french fries on Saturday and Thursday, a bloomin' onion on Tuesday). However, I'm content with keeping my calories between 1800 and 2100 as long as it continues to yield a 2+ pound loss each week. When it stops working, I intend to start exercising (rather than counting calories) to keep my losing to 1-2 pounds per week. Cutting calories again will be a last resort for me while I'm still nursing.

I am still doing many things right. I'm tracking my calories each day, I'm drinking tons of water, I'm eating lots of whole foods (at home, anyway).

As for the not so good things, I need to keep treats to 1 per day at a maximum. None of this three desserts per day bullshit that happened this week. Also, I need to limit how often I go out to eat and watch what I eat once I'm out.

In an effort to do a better job next week, the Hubs and I spent yesterday getting our kitchen (and lives) organized. Since we are all back to work this week, we knew we had to plan ahead in order to save money and the stress associated with having two children to contend with after we finished work for the day.

We chopped up veggies and made a sauce for stir fry. We chopped up veggies for salads. We washed and prepped fruit for the week. We cooked a double batch of my very, very favorite vegan chili. I baked a pan of corn bread. I also baked some crustless mini quiches for breakfasts (filled with veggies, vegan sausage, and vegan cheese). I cooked a pound of tempeh bacon. There is now absolutely nothing standing in the way of me eating healthy meals this week.

I do have two work meetings at restaurants that have to be faced. The first was this morning, and I just *had* to have a croissant because they were fresh baked and so absolutely fantastic that I could not resist. I also had a cheesy omelet with greens that was too tasty to be believed. The next meeting takes place at an Italian restaurant with some of the best baked ziti and garlic bread in town. I will simply make sure that the rest of the day I refrain from eating dessert and eat lots and lots of fruits and vegetables to keep my calories down for the day.

I planned to post a photo, but I need to work on my photography skills a bit first. And really, I don't look much different than I did last week. Still look at least five months pregnant, still don't think I look that bad until I see a photo. Ah well, I'll get there.

13.5 pounds down, 64 to go until I'm Fit in Cleveland!

No comments:

Post a Comment