Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 13: 193.0

Starting Weight/BMI: 217.5/33.1 (obese)Last Week Weight/BMI: 190.5/29.0 (overweight)
Current Weight/BMI: 193.0/29.3 (overweight)
Change This Week: + 2.5
Total Lost: 24.5
Pounds to Goal: 53.0

Le sigh...

I pretty much gave up last week. I did wonderfully until Wednesday night, when I had dinner with my family and ate three pieces of pizza, a bread stick, a half of a cinnamon stick, and Halloween candy. That's right, I had a 1500+ calorie dinner.

I started to track on Thursday, and then never recorded dinner. I can't even remember what I ate. I tracked breakfast on Friday but gave up counting calories when I baked cookies for a PTA bake sale and ate at least a dozen. The only thing I tracked over the weekend was Saturday's breakfast. There was a lot of badness in there, but I have no recollection of what I ate.

So yeah. The 2.5 pound weight was not totally unexpected.

Not surprisingly, I'm back over the line.


As if I needed any more bad news, I had an appointment with a surgeon last week who confirmed that I need surgery to correct an umbilical hernia. A surgery that should not be delayed. The good? I'll have an inney again. The bad? 2-3 weeks recovery time that may prevent me from running my first 5k on December 9.

I've decided to be proactive and optimistic this week.

Focus point number 1: The Line. That line will get me where I want to be, when I want to be there. That line is all that matters. I will fight like hell to stay at or below that unholy dotted line. If I can just focus on that line, I can stop sweating how very far I have to go until I reach my goal or how MUCH I am struggling to stay motivated every. Single. Day. The line is all that matters.

Focus point number 2: Train, train, train for the 5k. Even if I can't run it in December. Even if the surgery pushes me back for several more months. I have three full weeks until that surgery. There's no point just abandoning my goal. I'll start. I'll get the surgery. I'll recover. I'll heal. I'll get back to work. If the run doesn't happen on 12/9, I'll register for a different one. No big deal. I'll still do it.

I downloaded the couch to 5k app months ago and finally went for my first run on Sunday night. It did not go as badly as I'd anticipated. I went again last night. I loved and hated every second of it. I stopped worrying about speed and, when the app told me to run, I ran. I didn't stop until it told me to walk. I tried to let go of time, insecurities, discomfort, and anxiety while just putting one foot in front of the other.

I also have a running buddy who will run the event with me. While we're not training together, we send one another encouraging (or complaining) texts about running. Not only is it great to have a way to maintain our friendship, but it motivates me to stick with it because I know that she wants to run the event with me.

So. There it is. Stick with the line. Run.

I can do this.

I will do this.

180's...I'm still lookin' at you. Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment