Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18: Daily Recap

Breakfast: 2 servings of low fat cottage cheese with strawberries [203 calories].


Exercise: [Yeah. I did that shit today. In this heat. BAM!] Speed workout on the roadie--5 minute warm-up; ten 3-minute intervals [1 minute high intensity/speed; 2 minutes low intensity]. Turned around after the final high intensity interval and rode back home for a total 70-75 minute ride.

Lunch: Salad with mixed greens, cucumber, carrots, adzuki burger, roasted red peppers, havarti with dill, crispy rice noodles, sliced almonds, and the rest of the Applebee's dressing [720 calories]. [I forgot to take a photo, but it looks just like yesterday's, so here ya go.]


Holy SHIT, salad?! That's a lot of damn calories. The dressing was killer, and the mayo in the dressing alone accounted for 180 of those calories. I loved the dressing, though, and want to try and make it work. I'll try making it with fat free Greek yogurt next time, and see if it's still as delicious. Otherwise, I'll have to 86 the havarti and the rice noodles to fit this into my diet on occasion. It really was a welcome break from my usual honey with Dijon mustard, and it made my lunchtime salad something that I actually looked forward to eating.

On the plus side, my calories for breakfast were very low, and I ate that salad after a 15-mile ride with speed intervals. MyNetDiary tells me I burned over 800 calories, which I think is preposterous, but even if I only burned 300-400, I'm still looking good for the rest of the day. Besides, I'm counting calories to get my eating in check, not to obsess about the numbers. Counting made me realize that, on a rest day with a regular breakfast, this salad is a little too high in calories as it is and adjustments will have to be made.

Snack: Pickle [10 calories]

Dinner: 2/3 cup brown rice topped with 2/3 cup leftover chickpeas romesco and one cup of red, seedless grapes [425 Calories]


Total calories consumed: 1357

I am trying to remember that I need to be a little hungry to make the number on the scale go down. I'm not talking about starving myself or anything. I want to keep my body fed and nourished. I want to build muscles and get stronger and faster and heal my old wounds, but I can't feel satisfied all of the time. I've been documenting my food here for over a month now, and I'm a long way from having a healthy, consistent diet. It's something I must continue to work on.

Even now, when the sun is sinking and the day is ending, I could go for some ice cream. Heck, I could even go for some fruit and yogurt (but no vegetables, please, I'm not that hungry). Some Vega chocolate protein powder with soy milk would also be fantastic. Or a frozen waffle (or four). Instead, I will focus my attention elsewhere, and remind myself why I'm doing this.

For me. For Mr. Kazoo. For my kids. To feel comfortable in my skin. To be confident. To be healthy. To be strong. To be fit.



No comments:

Post a Comment